mitsubishi heavy industries ‘Help Us Give Back This Summer’ promotion
By entering into the Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Summer Consumer Promotion (‘Help Us Give Back This Summer’) (Promotion), you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- The Promoter is Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 92 133 980 275) of 9C Commercial Road, Kingsgrove NSW 2208
- The Promoter’s Agent is Hachiko Pty Ltd (ABN 16 159 809 257) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Postal Address: 111A Union Street, McMahons Point NSW 2060. The Promoter’s Agent is responsible for the validation and approval of all claims submitted in this Promotion.
- By participating in this Promotion, you agree to receive correspondence from the Promoter’s Agent. You acknowledge that the Promoter may disclose your personal information and claim value to the Promoter’s Agent for the purpose of conducting this Promotion.
- The Australian Red Cross ABN 50 169 561 394 (Donation Entity) will receive a $20 donation (Donation) for every eligible product that is registered on a claim submitted by the eligible claimant and that has been validated and approved by the Promoter’s Agent.
- Eligible claimants may qualify to receive a $50 e-gift card (Incentive) in accordance with these terms and conditions (Terms).
- Information on how to claim an Incentive forms part of these Terms & Conditions and application for an Incentive is deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
- The claimant is responsible for ensuring his or her familiarity with the Terms & Conditions at the time of participation. The Promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction (whether communicated to a claimant or not) does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of the Terms & Conditions generally.
- All claimants acknowledge that the Promoter can rely on these Terms & Conditions even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has awarded the Incentive to the ineligible person. Return of the Incentive or payment of its equivalent value to the Promoter may be required by the Promoter if this occurs.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of these Terms & Conditions and the Incentive is final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Outlets participating in the Promotion are stockists of eligible Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners Australia products located in Australia and can be located on ‘Where to Buy’ page on the website mhiaa.com.au (Participating Outlets).
- To qualify for the Incentive, the purchase of an eligible product must be made between 1 December 2018 and 28 February 2019 inclusive (Purchase Period).
- Claims for the Incentive must be submitted between 00:01 AEST on 1 December 2018 and 23:59 AEST on 15 March 2019 (Claim Period).
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
- Purchases must only be for domestic and residential use, and not for non-residential, industrial or business use.
- The Promotion is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or older (Eligible Claimants), excluding:
- management, employees, directors and contractors of the Promoter, its related entities, the Participating Outlets and other agencies, firms or companies associated with the Promotion;
- persons or organisations who make the purchase in the name of a trust, company, business, or commercial or residential developers, builders, subcontractors, installers, resellers or real estate agents, or any other person or organisation who makes the purchase for business purposes;
- a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph 11(a)-(b) of these Terms (whether a biological relation or not);
- persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any other promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter,
- The Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an Eligible Claimant in its absolute discretion.
HOW TO CLAIM
- To be eligible to claim the Incentive, the claimant must:
(a) purchase an eligible Mitsubishi Heavy Industries product as listed below in paragraph 17 (Eligible Products) from a Participating Outlet during the Purchase Period; and
(b) during the Claim Period, visit www.mhiaa.com.au and follow the links to the on-line claim form (Claim Form) and fully complete and submit the Claim Form by providing:
i. all details requested by the Promoter, including but not limited to, their first name, surname, contact phone number, postal address, email address and date of birth;
ii. installation address of the Eligible Product purchased;
iii. the model and serial number of the Eligible Product purchased (if the serial number is not shown on the tax invoice, refer to the Claim Form or promotion FAQs page for details on how to find the serial number on the unit); Any claims submitted without a valid serial number will be declined;
iv. the Participating Outlet where the Eligible Product was purchased;
v. the tax invoice number for the Eligible Product (Tax Invoice);
vi. a scan or photograph of their Tax Invoice (paid in full) in a format accepted on the Claim Form; and
vii. correct email address in order for the Promoter to provide the Incentive.
- An Eligible Claimant may only submit one (1) claim per household (containing up to three (3) Eligible Products purchased in one (1) transaction). One (1) Incentive and one (1) Donation per each Eligible Product on the claim will be made (provided that the product has been successfully validated and approved by the Promoter’s Agent). Duplicate tax invoices will be rejected.
- An Eligible Claimant must specify a unique installation address on the Claim Form, which must match the address on the Proof of Purchase submitted with the claim. Claims containing an installation address that duplicates the installation address from a claim that was received by the Promoter’s Agent prior to this, will be rejected.
- The Promoter will donate the sum of $20 to the Australian Red Cross (ABN 50 169 561 394) (Red Cross) for each Eligible Product purchased and submitted by the Eligible Claimant via the Claim Form and that has been validated and approved by the Promoter’s Agent (Donation).
- As Donation will be made directly by the Promoter to Red Cross, Eligible Claimants are unable to claim a tax deduction for the donation and the Promoter is unable to provide a tax-deductible receipt to the Eligible Claimant.
- These Terms & Conditions also apply to the Donation and any decision in relation to the Donation shall be made by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- The donation to the Australian Red Cross shall be made by the Promoter by 7 June 2019.
- Eligible Products are listed in the table below.
|Product Series||SET Model No||Indoor Unit Model No||Outdoor Unit Model No||Capacity||Donation Value||Incentive Value|
|Avanti PLUS® series||SRK20ZSXA-W-Set||SRK20ZSXA-W||SRC20ZSXA-W||2.0kW||$20||$50|
- The value of the Incentive is $50 and is in Australian dollars (AUD).
- The Incentive shall be provided to the Eligible Claimant to the email address provided in the Claim Form. Eligible Claimants should allow approximately six (6) weeks from the date of when they submit their eligible claim to receive their Incentive.
- The Eligible Claimant must ensure that all details provided for provision of the Incentive are correct. The Promoter will not be responsible for any errors in providing incorrect details.
- The Incentive will be fulfilled by the GiftPay e-gift platform, owned and operated by Unified Incentives Pty Ltd ABN 53 157 818 427. An e-gift card will be sent to the Eligible Claimant’s email address provided in the Claim Form, once their claim has been successfully validated and approved by the Promoter’s Agent.
- The Incentive may only be used at Participating Outlets and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- The Incentive must be used by the expiry date specified on the e-gift card. Any unused value of the Incentive not used by the expiry date will not be refunded or credited.
- The Incentive cannot be reloaded or added with additional value.
- The Incentive should be treated as cash. Any person who learns the URL printed on the Incentive can use it, therefore the Eligible Claimant should keep the Incentive safe and take all measures necessary to secure the Incentive and the Eligible Claimant’s emails. The Incentive should not be opened on a public or shared computer terminal.
- Lost or stolen Incentives, or those used without the Eligible Claimant’s permission will not be replaced or refunded.
- If an Eligible Claimant uses the Incentive by converting it to a Participating Outlet’s gift card or voucher, the Participating Outlet’s terms and conditions relating to their gift card or voucher, including expiry date, shall apply. Eligible Claimants should also note that any such conversion is final and cannot be reversed.
- Eligible Claimants must retain their original Tax Invoice (Proof of Purchase) which corresponds to the claim they submit in the Promotion.
- If requested by the Promoter, Eligible Claimants must produce, within the time requested by the Promoter at its absolute discretion:
(a) appropriate photo identification or other documentation, required by the Promoter to verify their identity, age, eligibility to claim the Incentive and compliance with these Terms; and
(b) their Proof of Purchase that corresponds to all claims they have submitted for an Incentive.
- If the items required by the Promoter are not received or a claimant has not been verified to the satisfaction of the Promoter within the time period required by the Promoter, any claim submitted by the claimant for an Incentive will be deemed invalid.
- Claimants can only participate in the Promotion in their own name. Claimants who submit claims using multiple aliases (i.e. multiple names, addresses and/or email addresses) will be deemed ineligible to claim.
- The claimants’ full contact details should correspond with the Tax Invoice to be valid. For the avoidance of doubt, Tax Invoices without the claimant’s name or other contact details reasonably required by the Promoter to identify the claimant will be invalid.
- Any costs associated with accessing the Promoter’s website or submitting a Claim Form are the claimant’s sole responsibility. Claimants must submit their claims online only.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any technical difficulties associated with submitting the Claim Form that are outside of the Promoter’s control.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any Claim Forms not received for any reason during the Claim Period. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected Claim Forms.
- The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows a claimant to automatically submit Claim Forms is prohibited and will render all claims from the claimant invalid.
- Incomplete, ineligible, indecipherable or incorrect claims will be deemed invalid.
- Claims are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database, not time of transmission by the claimant.
- If more than one person attempts to claim an Incentive for the same Eligible Product detailed in a Tax Invoice, the Promoter has sole and absolute discretion to determine which of those persons the legitimate claimant is.
- If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of being run as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, network failure, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Incentive, the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that may be available to it, including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Incentive.
- Any claimant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the claim mechanism in any way, engages in any unlawful or improper conduct which jeopardises or is likely to jeopardise the fair or proper conduct of the Incentive, or who does not properly comply with the claim process, will be ineligible to claim the Incentive.
- All customer enquiries are to be directed to 1800 229 408 or email@example.com.
(a) Promoter, the Promoter’s related entities, the Participating Outlets and all agencies associated with the Promotion; and
(b) the employees, agents, directors and contractors, of all entities referred to in paragraph 11(a),
shall not be liable for any loss or claim, taxes, action, demand, liability, damage, cost, expense or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential loss), incurred, suffered or sustained by any person or entity (without limitation) in connection with, or arising from, the Incentive or the Additional Promotion, except that which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
- All information Claimants provide (Personal Information) in claiming the Incentive will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of administering the claim, verifying claimants and providing the Incentive.
Should a claimant’s Personal Information change during the Promotion Period, it is the Claimant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter on the phone 1800 229 408 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Promoter may disclose claimants’ Personal Information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this Promotion.
OPTING-IN TO HEAR FROM THE PROMOTER
- Should a Claimant consent to receiving future information from the Promoter, via placing a tick in the ‘opt in’ box featured on the Claim Form, information provided by the claimant may be entered into a database and may be used by the Promoter, the Promoter’s related entities, and agencies engaged by the Promoter, for the Promoter’s current and future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to the claimant.
- Claimants who elect to ‘opt in’ may request to update or correct their Personal Information held by the Promoter and/or may request that they not receive further Promotional or marketing communications from the Promoter at any time by contacting the Promoter at the address noted in paragraph 3 or by electing to ‘opt out’ by using the ‘opt out’ function on any marketing materials received.
- The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act as well as any other applicable laws.