Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air Conditioners Australia Pty Ltd recognises that all personal information managed and used in its business activities must be handled and protected with the utmost care. Therefore, MHIAA will follow the basic policy stated below.
- MHIAA will not acquire any personal information through false or other improper means.
- MHIAA will use personal information only to the extent and for the purposes specified, which will be announced or noticed to the person to whom the information pertains.
- MHIAA will endeavor to keep such personal information accurate and up-to-date.
- MHIAA will take necessary and appropriate measures to maintain the security of such personal information.
- MHIAA will furnish its employees and contractors handling such personal information with the necessary and appropriate guidance and supervision.
- MHIAA will not provide personal information to any third party without the consent of the person involved unless otherwise required by law.
- If MHIAA receives an enquiry from a person about the use or content of personal information related to that person, it will provide a reasonable response.
- If MHIAA receives any complaints regarding the handling of personal information, it will resolve such complaints in a prompt and appropriate manner.
- MHIAA will establish rules and management systems for proper handling and protection of personal information and will thoroughly adhere to them.
- MHIAA will engage in a strong effort to further enhance personal information protection systems by regularly reviewing and updating all rules and procedures regarding the handling of personal information, including this policy.
- MHIAA will comply will all Australian laws and regulations regarding the handling of personal information.
Established: January 1, 2009
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 3167
Regents Park NSW 2143
Block E, 391 Park Road
Regents Park, NSW, 2143
Ph; 1300 138 007
Fax; 1800 644 329
For information regarding the business purposes, the practical handling method of personal information by MHIAA, refer to the following:
1. Use of Personal Information
MHIAA will acquire and use personal information only as needed for its business performance according to its business purposes. (See the Section 6.). The business purposes of personal information are:
- To make applications for transactions between MHIAA and its customers and other parties concerned with its businesses; obtain confirmation regarding customers and other parties concerned; review and assess such transactions; execute and manage agreements; and conduct termination and other proceedings following termination of agreements with customers and contractors.
- To issue notices regarding improvement of MHIAA products and services and of associated products and services, and respond to customer inquiries regarding such products and services.
- To respond to inquires about the products and services provided by parties having business relations with MHIAA.
- To confirm applications for the participation in various exhibitions and seminars, communicate with lecturers, and report on the results of studies and events to the persons involved, and also to provide visitors with access to MHIAA’s facilities.
- To make contact with the members of any organizations in which MHIAA is a member, and issue various notices from MHIAA according to the purposes of activity of such organizations.
- To send publications issued by MHIAA to persons who request them, and to distribute emails to the applicants for the MHIAA electronic mailing service.
- To communicate with journalists and analysts in publicity activities.
- To receive applications for employment, communicate with and issue the notification of employment to the applicants, and other issues concerning recruitment activities.
- To communicate and conduct transactions with public accountants, attorneys and patent attorneys concerned with the business activities of MHIAA.
- To communicate with the officers, directors, employees or any related persons in the subsidiaries and affiliates of MHIAA in the course of performance of business activities other than those as stated above.
- To issue notices to MHIAA’s retired employees and to communicate with the families of MHIAA’s employees.
- To exchange necessary information between MHIAA and its cooperative, non-regular, temporary, part-time and student workers in execution of contracts with them and performance of their works.
- To receive personal information provided for any order-based works and to complete such works within MHIAA’s scope of business.
- To issue useful notices incidental to the above purposes of use from MHIAA and its group companies.
MHIAA may provide personal information to a third party with the approval of each respective individual, consign the handling of personal information, or share personal information with a MHIAA group company to the extent that such personal information is required for the business purposes as stated above.
If any personal information is acquired or used for any other business purposes than those described above, a notice or announcement will be issued separately.
2. Possession of Personal Information
MHIAA possesses and will possess personal information including names, addresses, telephone numbers, FAX numbers, e-mail addresses ( only if truly necessary ), memberships, departments and titles of its customers, suppliers and other related companies.
MHIAA does not acquire or possess any personal information that is not required for business purposes.
3. Personal Information Management
MHIAA will take necessary and appropriate measures to ensure the security of the personal information possessed by it and endeavor to maintain the contents of such personal information as accurate and up-to-date to the extent necessary for business purposes.
Personal information which is no longer necessary for business purposes will be disposed of promptly in an appropriate method.
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
MHIAA will not provide the personal information of any person to any third party without such person’s approval except the following cases:
- The provision of the personal information will be suspended upon the individual’s request.
- The work of handling information is entrusted, in whole or in part, to any third party to the extent necessary for MHIAA’s business purposes. *provided, that a confidentiality agreement shall be entered into by and between MHIAA and such entrusted company and that MHIAA will provide necessary and appropriate supervision of such entrusted company.
- That MHIAA will disclose the personal information of any specific person with any of its group companies to the extent necessary for business purposes. * provided that such disclosure the nature of the disclosed personal information, the purposes of such disclosure, the name of the responsible party for the management of such personal information shall be noticed or easily known to the person whose personal information has been disclosed; and
- Such disclosure of personal information to any third party is otherwise authorized under any applicable law or regulation.
5. Contact for Personal Information
For information regarding the specific business purposes, the disclosure, correction and suspension of use of the contents of personal information (hereinafter “inquiries about personal information”) contact the respective departments of MHIAA to which such personal information was provided. To make inquires about information and in an attempt to obtain the same, the appropriate application must be made as required by the Freedom of Information Act. In order to obtain the correct application form or find further information regarding the Freedom of Information Act it is suggested contact be made with the Australian Commonwealth Government or access to the Australian Commonwealth Government website in relation to the Freedom of Information Act.
In the event the department to which the personal information was provided is unknown, or for any inquiry for general information on the process of handling personal information, contact:
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 318
Kingsgrove NSW 1480
9C Commercial Rd
Kingsgrove NSW 2208
Ph; 1300 138 007
Fax; 1800 644 329
- Manufacture, import, sale and repair of Air-Conditioning machinery.
How to Handle Personal Information on the Website
1. Security in obtaining personal information
In obtaining the personal information of an MHIAA customer from the Website, MHIAA uses the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and other encrypting means to protect the personal information inputted through a communications link. The SSL is general technology used for security of communications on Web net, which can encrypt the input data before it is transmitted to the Internet and prevent the input data from being intercepted or tapped. If you use any browser that is not compatible with the SSL, you may not be able to access the page from the intranet of your choice due to the settings of your Firewall or other software.
2. Collection of Browsing History
The Website may use the technology such as access logs or a Cookie to acquire your browsing history. The collected historical information is used only for the purposes of improving the Web site.
Access logs include records of user IP addresses and part of the operating environment, but they cannot identify users.
You can reject to receive a Cookie or indicate a message when you receive a Cookie by setting your browser accordingly. Rejecting to receive a Cookie may limit your accessibility to our Website.
MHIAA cannot take any responsibility for maintaining the security of your personal information on any other Website linked with the MHIAA Website. If you have any query or inquiry regarding the handling of personal information, make direct access to each relevant Website.