- My air conditioner won’t turn on, what should I do?
- My air conditioner is turned on but it doesn’t seem to be cooling (heating) the room properly.
- My Wall Mounted air conditioner is on the cooling setting but it blows warm air.
- There is water leaking from my indoor unit.
- There is water running out of the drain pipe next to the outdoor unit.
- There is an odour coming from the indoor unit. How can I remove it?
- How do I determine whether the noise coming from my air conditioner is normal?
- On a hot day, what can I do to ensure that my air conditioner works to its best efficiency?
- On a cold day, what can I do to ensure that my air conditioner works to its best efficiency?
- Can I leave the windows open while the air conditioner is running?
- Is it safe to leave my MHI air conditioner on all night?
- Is it safe to leave my MHI air conditioner on when I am not home?
If your AC will not turn on there are a number of ways you can check to see what the problem is. Firstly, check that the remote batteries are fully charged and replace them if you need to. Check for any error codes that may be displayed on the remote control. If safe to do so check that the electrical supplies have not been interrupted, check if the circuit breaker has been tripped and reset the circuit breaker if possible. If your air conditioner still doesn’t turn on please contact us.
If your air conditioner doesn’t seem to be heating or cooling the room properly, check the filters to see if they need cleaning and check the drain pipe for any obstructions. If this doesn’t help, contact us direct.
If your air conditioner is on the cooling setting but is blowing warm air be sure to consult your user manual to check that it is operating in the correct mode. If you continue to have the same issue, please contact us.
Water leaking from your indoor unit can indicate a number of issues. The drain pipe in your air conditioner may be blocked; the unit has been installed incorrectly and the water is unable to run off from the unit; or there may be an issue with the refrigeration. If this occurs please contact MHIAA.
This is a good sign! If there is water running out of the drain pipe next to the outdoor unit when the unit is turned on, it means that the AC unit is working properly and has been installed correctly.
If there is an odour coming from your indoor unit it usually indicates that there is something inside unit. Check the unit for any foreign objects and remove them then activate the unit’s self-clean mode to help you remove any built up bacteria or mould.
All AC units will make some level of noise. Often there is nothing wrong with the unit. If you hear a noise coming from the unit that you haven’t heard before or if there is a loud screeching coming from the unit please contact us.
To ensure your AC unit works best on a hot day, turn the AC on early in the morning and make sure that all windows and any doors to rooms that do not need air conditioning are closed. Also, be sure to close any blinds, awnings, curtains and shutters in the room to prevent any added outdoor heat and to help keep the cool air in.
To ensure that your air conditioner works to its best efficiency on a cold day, turn the AC on early in the morning and open all blinds, awnings, shutters and curtains to bring extra heat into the room. Also make sure that all windows and any doors to any rooms that do not need heating are closed.
In order to optimise the ACs efficiency we recommend that you close all the windows in your house to heat or cool the house at a faster rate.
Yes. MHI air conditioners are safe to use all night while you are sleeping. You can also select the night mode function to ensure the unit’s efficient operation during the night.
Yes you can leave your MHI air conditioner on when you are not home. Our optional Wi-Fi control allows you to monitor and change the setting of your air conditioner even when you are not home!